Eugene Mortgage Rates
The real estate market in the city of Eugene, OR, has grown considerably in recent years. This is reflected in the median home value of the city. Currently, Eugene boasts a median home value which is around $447,570. Eugene is classified as a hot market, as of January 2022, and this means that buyers can expect that their purchase will function well as an investment. If you buy a property now in Eugene, you can reasonably expect this property to increase in value in the foreseeable future.
The benefits of a Eugene home go beyond the potential gains of the real estate market. The city of Eugene has plenty of eye-catching scenery, including parts of Fern Ridge Lake, Hendricks Park, South Ridge City Park, and the Willamette River. What’s more, Eugene has lots of desirable neighborhoods featuring low crime and attractive homes. There are neighborhoods such as Fox Hollow, South Hill, Fairmont, Laurel Hill, Whiteaker, and Harlow. These are just a few of the great neighborhoods Eugene has to offer.
Understanding Your Quote and Percentage Rate
Your rate quote is based on a variety of factors (including your credit score, down payment, and purchase price) and delivers the most accurate results possible based on your inputs.
- Detailed costs breakdown: Click on the “view” tab under “details” to see an itemized list of all estimated costs.
- Rate & APR: Your rate is the anticipated interest rate. The APR is the total cost of your loan, expressed as an annual percentage rate.
- Origination charges: Sammamish Mortgage doesn’t charge industry-standard lender fees, so the amount for “origination fee” will typically be zero.
- Discount points: You can buy “points” by paying an amount for each point equal to 1% of the purchase price, and lower your interest rate by up to a quarter of a percent for each point purchased.
- Monthly mortgage payment: This includes the principal and interest included in your base monthly payment.
- Estimated third-party charges: This includes the wide range of fees included in your closing costs.
- Closing costs: The closing cost total listed includes everything except prepaid items such as property taxes, homeowner’s insurance, and daily interest.
- Private mortgage insurance premiums: PMI is required on loan to value (LTV) ratios over 80% (except on VA loans). We offer reduced PMI options with as little as 3% down.
- Rate locks: We can lock your rate from 30 up to 180 days.
One of the big advantages of applying for mortgage rate quotes and preapproval through Sammamish Mortgage is that we charge none of the traditional lender fees added by mortgage brokers.
We also pay our Loan Officers a salary instead of a commission based on the loan amount, so they are motivated to help you find the best home loan, not just sell you the biggest loan. If you are ready to move forward, you can view rates, obtain a customized quote using our Instant Rate Quote tool, or apply for preapproval directly from our website.