Live Oregon Mortgage Rates
The State of Oregon has seen increases to its median home value on a statewide basis in recent years. Sammamish Mortgage has been serving customers in the State of Oregon since 1992 and can give you a competitive mortgage rate for your Oregon home purchase. A good mortgage rate can translate into large savings over the course of your mortgage loan. This is why it’s imperative that you obtain the best possible rate. Contact Sammamish Mortgage today if you’d like a mortgage rate quote.
Oregon Offers a Lot to Buyers
The State of Oregon is an attractive option to buy a home for a wide variety of reasons. Oregon’s attractiveness is reflected in its recent home value statistics. Oregon currently has a median home value of approximately $496,690, as of August 2023. The market is classified as a warm market, which means that there will likely be some gains over the next 12 months. It also means that buyers may encounter a bidding war if they go to make an offer on an Oregon property.
Nestled between Washington to its north and California to its south, the State of Oregon has plenty of things going for it. Oregon has many highly desirable cities, educational institutions, state parks, sports franchises, and opportunities for recreational activity. As for attractive cities, Oregon has great places like Portland, Salem, Eugene, Willamette, Medford, and others.
If you’re a sports fan, you can get tickets to watch the Portland Trailblazers or the Portland Timberwolves. Oregon has plenty of parks, such as Crater Lake National Park and Tillamook State Forest. Simply put, Oregon has lots to offer new buyers. If you’re looking to make Oregon your new home, you’ll likely be very satisfied with your decision. View Oregon Market forecast for 2022.
Understanding Your Quote and Percentage Rate
Your rate quote is based on a variety of factors (including your credit score, down payment, and purchase price) and delivers the most accurate results possible based on your inputs.
- Detailed costs breakdown: Click on the “view” tab under “details” to see an itemized list of all estimated costs.
- Rate & APR: Your rate is the anticipated interest rate. The APR is the total cost of your loan, expressed as an annual percentage rate.
- Origination charges: Sammamish Mortgage doesn’t charge industry-standard lender fees, so the amount for “origination fee” will typically be zero.
- Discount points: You can buy “points” by paying an amount for each point equal to 1% of the purchase price, and lower your interest rate by up to a quarter of a percent for each point purchased.
- Monthly mortgage payment: This includes the principal and interest included in your base monthly payment.
- Estimated third-party charges: This includes the wide range of fees included in your closing costs.
- Closing costs: The closing cost total listed includes everything except prepaid items such as property taxes, homeowner’s insurance, and daily interest.
- Private mortgage insurance premiums: PMI is required on loan to value (LTV) ratios over 80% (except on VA loans). We offer reduced PMI options with as little as 3% down.
- Rate locks: We can lock your rate from 30 up to 180 days.
One of the big advantages of applying for mortgage rate quotes and preapproval through Sammamish Mortgage is that we charge none of the traditional lender fees added by mortgage brokers.
We also pay our Loan Officers a salary instead of a commission based on the loan amount, so they are motivated to help you find the best home loan, not just sell you the biggest loan.
If you are ready to move forward, you can view rates, obtain a customized quote using our Instant Rate Quote tool, or apply for preapproval directly from our website.